Summer is for holidays, family and friends. But also for quick and fresh recipes to cool down the hot days with Olives from Spain. Fish, vegetables and salads are the answer for this season. Here below a couple of ideas to enjoy the most of your summer meals. Check them out!
1.Griddled tuna with olive and parsley salad
– 2 Tuna’s steaks – Capers
– Olive oil – Lemon Zested
– Pitted green Olives from Spain – Parsley
– Onion finely chopped – Cooked Potatoes
The best recipe for tuna is with olives and it’s healthy too. Quick-cooked oily fish like tuna make an easy midday meal. Serve with a green olive salad with potatoes on the side.
Rub the tuna’s steaks with olive oil, then fry or grill for 1-2 minutes on each side. Mix the green Olives from Spain with the chopped onion, capers, lemon zest and parsley. Season it well and dress it with lemon juice and some olive oil. Serve with the tuna steak and some potatoes. Fresh and tasty!
2.Mexican Salsa Playera with fresh tomato and olive sauce
– Ripe tomatoes – Olive oil
– Finely chopped cilantro – Kosher salt to taste
– Finely chopped pitted green olives – Minced onion
– Finely chopped pickled jalapeños – Capers
A recipe made to “refresh” your fish or meat with the best ingredients. From Mexico, with good taste comes this Acapulco-inspired pico de gallo, giving you a necessary boost from capers and Olives from Spain.
In a large bowl, toss together all ingredients; let it sit for 30 minutes to blend flavours. Serve at room temperature or chilled. Mix all the ingredients and spooned them over grilled fish or chicken. Easy!
– Green pitted Olives from Spain – Red Chilli
– Black Hojiblanca pitted Olives from Spain – White Wine Vinegar
– Pickled coliflower, carrot and gherkins – Roasted Red Pepper
– 4 Cloves of Garlic – Chopped Spring Onions
– Chopped Capers – Olive Oil
– Dried Oregano
Olives are always the perfect solution for a hot day, by them self, for the aperitif or as accompaniment to any of your summer meals.
To make the olive salad, pulse the olives, giardiniera and garlic in a food processor. Add the capers, herbs, chilli and vinegar and pulse again until chopped, then mix it with the pepper and spring onion with enough olive oil to bring it together. Now you have the perfect blend to any of your summer dishes. Olives are never too many.
4.Sautéed Sole with olives
– Olive oil – Capers
– Pitted Black Hojiblanca olives – Anchovies
– Pitted green olives – Chopped Tomatoes
– Finely chopped parsley – Kosher Salt to taste
– Finely chopped garlic – Black Pepper to taste
– Balsamic vinegar – 2 Sole fillets
Fish and salads are always the answer for any summer dish. This one, whose topping resembles a tapenade, is wonderful served alongside roast potatoes.
First tapenade: combine the olives,oil, parsley, garlic, vinegar, capers, anchovies, tomato, and salt and pepper in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped; set tapenade aside.
Now cook the sole to medium-high heat until it turns golden brown in about 5 minutes. Finally top each fillet with tapenade before serving and ready !
5.Chilli-salt Salmon with Chopped Salad
– Salmon – Mixed Black and Green Olives from Spain
– Hot Cornish Sea Salt – Cucumber
– Olive Oil – Celery
– Red Wine Vinegar – Red Onion
– Yellow Peppers – Tomatoes
This summer invite your friends and family for dinner with delicate but spice recipe made of salmon and Olives from Spain. A colourful recipe, not only easy to make but low in calories too.
Cut the salmon into quarters, sprinkle the surface of the salmon with the chilli salt and then leave in the fridge for an hour. Whisk the red wine vinegar and olive oil in a bowl, and season. Then add the salad ingredients and toss.
Heat the oven and set the salmon, skin-side down, on top. Spray with oil, and then bake for 10 minutes until it’s cooked through. Finally, serve with the salad and surprise your guests.
These five recipes are just the tip of the iceberg. Olives from Spain allow you a countless number of dishes to be made. Enjoy !